The SiMBA Butterfly Release is a unique annual event. It is a truly wonderful way to remember and honour our babies; an experience that will remain with you forever. We are delighted to confirm that you are now able to purchase butterflies for all of our 2017 releases.
Please note that butterflies MUST be ordered 4 weeks before the event date, unfortunately butterflies cannot be purchased on the day.
OUR BUTTERFLY RELEASE DATES FOR 2017 ARE AS FOLLOWS:
● Saughton Winter Gardens Edinburgh will be held on the 10.06.17 *
● Inverness Botanic Gardens will be held on the 01.07.17
● Glen Nevis, Nr Lochaber will be held on the 12.08.17
● The Carlton Hotel, Prestwick, Ayrshire will be held on the 13.08.17
● Old Gala House, Galashiels will be held on the 19.08.17
● Provanhall, Glasgow will be held on the 26.08.17
● Dunollie Estate, Oban will be held on the 26.08.17 *
- Final date for ordering for Edinburgh only will be Wednesday 31.05
Our aim again is to have the largest Butterfly Release that we have ever had and we would like to invite you and your family to join us :
At each venue there will be entertainment for children, live music, a short service before the butterflies are released followed by time for reflection and tea/coffee.
Full details of each event can be found on our facebook events page and on our website events pages - www.simbacharity.org.uk
Our butterfly supplier Tim, is an award winning educator in his field who breeds butterflies in a disease free environment who can cope with the conditions throughout the UK. These butterflies go on to replenish the dwindling numbers of butterflies in the wild.
We suggest a donation of £10 per butterfly to cover the cost of the butterfly itself, the venue and refreshments.
To buy your butterfly just click on the link : https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/SIMBA/butterflyrelease2017.html
Note - Details for Lochgilphead (which will be held on the 19.08) will be confirmed shortly.