Permanent, Part Time
- 22.5 hours per week – 7.5 per day, 9.00am to 5.00pm Tuesday to Thursday
- Office based in Mayfield EH22 5TA. Our office is open Tuesday to Thursday, 9-5pm and this role is office-based
- Salary £18,000 per annum (£30,000 FTE), plus Nest pension and 20 days Annual Leave (33 days FTE) inclusive of bank/public holidays pro-rata.
SiMBA is here to support anyone affected by baby loss. We help bereaved families create precious memories with their baby and offer tangible ways to honour and remember them.
We are looking for an experienced Office Manager to join our small team to support the CEO and wider team with administration and office management. This role offers lots of opportunity to bring your business skills to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the operational side of the Charity.
If you are a team player who is able to engage with people at all levels, establishing relationships with all key stakeholders and has proven experience in both office management and administration support at leadership level, then we want to hear from you.
You must be passionate about ensuring systems, processes and policies are of a high standard in order to fulfil our aim of offering the best care to the bereaved families we support. You will be instrumental in the effective organisation of the office environment, supporting the team in achieving operational excellence and the highest quality across all service delivery areas to all families, volunteers and wider stakeholders. You will be responsible for providing direct administrative support to the CEO as well as being a central point of support for the wider team.
This role would therefore be ideally suited to an experienced Office Manager looking to take on more responsibility in the efficient running of a small charity.
Bring your organisational and administrative skills to an incredible team and make a real difference to bereaved families.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter illustrating how you meet the criteria, to
Karen Moore, Interim CEO at email@example.com
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Monday 20th November 2023
Interviews will take place w/c 4th December 2023
Could you be SiMBA’s new Trustee Treasurer?
Are you passionate about making a difference and ensuring that resources are utilised efficiently and effectively to drive positive change? If so, we invite you to join our dedicated team as a Treasurer. You will play a pivotal role in shaping our financial strategy, ensuring transparency, and safeguarding our mission-driven initiatives.
SiMBA Charity is a dynamic and impactful non-profit organisation committed to supporting bereaved parents who lose their baby during pregnancy or around the time of birth. Our team is comprised of passionate individuals who share a common goal – to help parents through their bereavement journey.
- Financial Oversight: Monitor, support, and report on the organisation's financial health, including budgeting, cash flow management, financial forecasting, annual accounts, and audit.
- Transparency and Compliance: Ensure compliance with financial regulations and transparency in financial reporting to stakeholders.
- Strategic Financial Planning: Collaborate with the team to develop and execute a financial strategy aligned with the organisation's mission and goals.
- Fundraising Support: Work closely with the fundraising team to develop financial strategies that support our fundraising efforts and ensure sustainability.
- Risk Management: Identify and manage financial risks and propose mitigation strategies to protect the organisation's financial interests.
- Financial Reporting: Support the preparation and present financial reports to the board of directors and key stakeholders, providing insights and recommendations.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate financial strategies into program planning and execution.
- Proven experience in accountancy and financial management.
- Strong understanding of financial regulations, compliance, and reporting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools (our charity uses Xero).
- Commitment to the organisation's mission and values.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to drive financial excellence for our organisation.
- Collaborative and supportive environment.
- The chance to make a real impact through your financial expertise.
How to Apply:
If you are excited about the prospect of becoming our Treasurer and contributing to our mission, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for this role. Send your application to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 22nd September 2023.