Botanic Garden & Grounds
Tayside Tree of tranquillity coming early 2019
The Tree of Tranquillity is a commissioned life size sculpture, which has been commissioned by SiMBA through generous support and donations from the following:
- NHS Tayside, through local fundraising by maternity staff and from very generous donations from families; through generous support
- from fundraising efforts by Paul and Dawnlouise Harris, their family, colleagues and friends in memory of their daughter Rae
- from the support and the families of Tayside Sands
- through fundraising and a donation from UNISON Tayside Health Branch
- a donation from the Property Department NHS Tayside
The Tree has individual leaves engraved with a personal message, each one representing a forever loved and missed baby.
The home for the Tree of Tranquillity will be Dundee Botanic Gardens. The site chosen due to its beautiful gardens, easy accessibility, central secure location. It also has the added benefit car parking, café and toilet facilities. The gardens are open all year round.
We worked very closely with the team at Dundee Botanic Garden to bring the Tree of Tranquillity to the region. The support and understanding has been invaluable and bereaved parents will be offered the opportunity to remember their baby within this tranquil setting. Sometimes quiet, shared actions, such as placing a leaf on the tree, can say more and be more meaningful than words.
The leaves for the Tayside Tree of Tranquillity are provided by SiMBA, To request a leaf Click here when your leaf is sent to you we will also send you our recommended engravers who know about the tree and the importance of the leaves, or you can contact an engraver of your choice.
Once leaf has been engraved, please return to SiMBA in the packaging provided. The leaves will be added to the Tree at intervals throughout the year and you will be informed by email with a photograph of your attached leaf.