Botanic Garden & Grounds
We are so proud today have installed our 7th Tree of Tranquillity in the beautiful grounds of the University of Dundee Botanic Gardens this afternoon.
We would like to say a huge thank you to the following fundraisers who have worked with us on this project :
- NHS Tayside; the maternity staff who organised local fundraising events and all the families who donated
- Paul and Dawnlouise Harris and their family, friends and colleagues who fundraised in memory of their daughter Rae
- Tayside Sands, the families who have donated and their volunteers
- UNISON Tayside Health Branch and all of their members
- The Property Department, NHS Tayside
- The University of Dundee Botanic Gardens, who have supported us throughout this project and provided a perfect location for our tree
The site chosen in Dundee Botanic Gardens is easy accessibility, central, secure location with car parking, café and toilet facilities on site. The gardens are open all year round.
To request a leaf for the Tayside Tree of Tranquillity Click here. When your leaf is sent to you we will also send details of our recommended engraver who know about the tree and the importance of the leaves, although you are welcome to take your leaf to an engraver of your choice.
Once your leaf has been engraved, please return it to SiMBA in the packaging provided. The leaves will be added to the Tree at regular intervals throughout the year and you will be be emailed a photograph of your leaf attached to Tree and sent an annual pass that allows you and those closest to you the opportunity to visit the Tree of Tranquillity without paying any entrance fee.
Please be aware that the Botanic Gardens do not allow dogs, apart from Guide Dogs for the Blind and Assistance Dogs (both with their 'working' collars/coats on).